MRVIEW Solution components are an integral part of the imaging solution
and meet or exceed HIPAA compliance. A healthcare facility can use MRVIEW
as a stand-alone system or on the network. The hardware needed may change
from facility to facility according to the specific needs. There
are minimal hardware requirements needed by a healthcare facility to run
- Workstation: Most healthcare facilities have workstations
that allow the installation of MRVIEW. PC minimum requirements: Processor:
200 MHz RAM: 32 MB Operating System: Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT,
2000, XP Monitor: 17" recommended, minimum of 800 x 600 resolution
- Printer: High speed laser to print images
- Server: (If healthcare facility chooses to provide server)
Server minimum requirements: Processor: Pentium 3 Storage: R.A.I.D.
or SAN storage system with sufficient storage (50 GB per million documents)
Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 server or Windows 2000 server, Microsoft
SQL 7.0/8.0 or MSDE 1.0/2000
The following is the core
MRVIEW equipment provided to the healthcare facility:
- Workstation(s) - Provide ability to scan, view, print and edit
- Scanner(s) - Equipment that is used along with MRVIEW and a
workstation, to digitize images into the imaging system.
- Printer(s) - High speed laser printer to print images
- File Server - Holds SQL databases for searching and retrieving
images as well as the sub storage system for maintaining the digitized
Server minimum provided:
Processor: Pentium 4, 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM
Storage: R.A.I.D. storage system configured with enough storage
for facilities' needs. Redundant drives to prevent downtime.
Operating System: Windows 2000 server, Microsoft SQL 8.0 or MSDE
2000 Software utilized to provide the complete imaging solution is listed
below. The software listed below runs on the file server with the exception
of MRVIEW, which runs on the workstation.
- MRVIEW - Imaging software that provides the capability
to search, view, and print images. Provides numerous reports and maintains
an audit trail.
- SQL Database - Allows MRVIEW workstations to search
for and retrieve images.
- C.A.R. Collect - Data collection software that captures
print images, which are normally sent to a printer. Software will also
collect record demographic information via ADT, HL7, FTP or file/report
- MRPort - Processes data from C.A.R. Collect. Automatically
recognizes, indexes and stores captured print images. In addition, it
selectively mines demographic data captured from C.A.R. Collect.
- MRReport - This software scans the imaging system at
predetermined times, extracts select images based on customizable filter
rules to enable outside coding and billing services to receive images.
These images can be sorted to match a users preference, batch printed
or batch saved in a digital format.